Initial Zoom setup:
Please install Zoom in advance.
For a stable connection to the meeting, please check the Zoom Webinar Best Practices and Resources.
How to Join the Session:
- View the password-protected Virtual Program page and find the session you are interested in. You will be provided with the required credentials before the conference starts.
- Click on the session link to join the meeting.
- If you are joining the Session before the host has started the meeting, please wait in the lobby until the host starts the Session.
During a Video Playback Session:
The Session Chair will mute your microphone during the entire Session.
How to Ask Questions
Option 1: Chat
You can join the discussion with other attendees by sending messages to “Everyone” or you can chat privately with the Session Chair by selecting their name from the drop down list. Learn more about Using Webinar Chat.
Option 2: Q&A Session
Following the video presentation there is a short Q&A session.
You can post your questions in the Q&A window anytime during the Session. If you need to refer to the presentation, please indicate clearly the page number of the slides. If there is no page number available, please note down the time of the relevant content.
At the end of the talk, the Session Chair will select and ask the presenter to answer some of the questions in sequence they were submitted and within the allotted Q&A period and will try to cover as many questions as possible depending on the allotted time.
Conferencing, online and in-person can be exhausting! We need to take breaks. We will take breaks. Breaks are built-in to the schedule!
- Stand up and stretch, get a snack, come back refreshed!
- If you leave Zoom on, make sure that your microphone is muted during the break.