Since IEEE LATINCOM 2020 will be held as a virtual event, the Organizing Committee is working towards guaranteeing the lowest possible registration fees. Registration fees will be as follows:
|Full Non Author||Member, ComSoc||100 USD|
|Full Non Author||Member, IEEE||120 USD|
|Full Non Author||Non Member||170 USD|
|Full Author||Member, ComSoc||150 USD|
|Full Author||Member, IEEE||185 USD|
|Full Author||Non Member||285 USD|
Student Attendance and Student Travel Grants
Non author ComSoc Student Members and IEEE Life Members will be allowed to attend IEEE LATINCOM 2020 for free.
Moreover, IEEE Communications Society is kindly offering a limited number of Student Travel Grants (STG) to support full-time students for attending IEEE LatinCom 2020 as authors. Due to the Covid-19 outbreak, the STG purpose has been modified since no travel is considered, and the criteria have been updated. Consequently, STGs can be used for reimbursing the registration fee at full rate of the student when registering to the conference as an author. To be eligible for IEEE ComSoc STG grants, the applicant must be a Student Member of IEEE ComSoc (bear in mind that being IEEE Student Member alone does not make an applicant eligible). Besides, the applicant may not receive more than one STG in any 12-month period. Each IEEE sponsored grant is up to US$100 but no more than the actual registration fee.
- Each applicant must be a Student Member or Graduate Student Member of the IEEE Communications Society at the time he/she applies for the grant;
- Each applicant must be a co-author of an accepted paper in IEEE LATINCOM 2020 and present it at the virtual conference;
- Each applicant must be a full-time student registered toward a Bachelor, Masters, or PhD degree in computer science, engineering or related field in a college or university when submitting the application;
- During the expense reimbursement stage, the student applicant must show the proof of having registered to attend IEEE LATINCOM 2020 as an author.
A student who is awarded a student travel grant must register, attend and present the paper at the virtual conference. Payment will only be made to grant recipients who submit the expense report within 45 days after the conference. More details will be provided to the students who are selected to receive a ComSoc Student Travel Grant.
How to apply for Comsoc Grant
Please submit your application request to the Student Travel Grant Chair, Prof. Manuel J Mendoza (firstname.lastname@example.org) with a mandatory title: “IEEE LATINCOM 2020 STG Application: Your Full Name”.
- Application deadline: October 15, 2020
- Acceptance notification: October 30, 2020
Please address any questions to the Student Travel Grant Chair, with a mandatory title: “IEEE LATINCOM 2020 STG Question: Your Full Name”.
IEEE is committed to the principle that all persons shall have equal access to programs, facilities, services, and employment without regard to personal characteristics not related to ability, performance, or qualifications as determined by IEEE policy and/or applicable laws. For more information on the IEEE policy visit http://www.ieee.org/nondiscrimination/.